What We Do
Charles Downer & Co. is a manufacturers’ representative and engineering systems house integrator specializing in packaging and material handling systems for the confectionary, food and general packaging industries.
Our people are dedicated to building long-term relationships by providing maximum service and value to our clients.
Our primary objective is to reduce your costs through innovative engineering that enhances manufacturing productivity by:
- Increasing manufacturing efficiency
- Reducing labour and material costs
- Providing production line solutions that eliminate bottlenecks
We believe that properly engineered systems, using the finest equipment suited for a specific application, provides our clients with the most productive and cost-effective solution for their production requirements.
It is rare that a single manufacturer can provide the most productive machinery for a complete system. As a systems integrator, we offer a solution based on the most suitable expertise and equipment sourced from various manufacturers.
As a manufacturing distributor specializing in providing reliable, cost-effective container and unit handling systems, we offer the following hardware-oriented engineering capabilities:
- Design of complete packaging lines
- Quality material-handling equipment
- Redesign of production lines to improve performance and reduce bottlenecks
- Complete "turnkey" systems
- Project management tailored to the client's needs, including:
- Development of project scope
- Construction management
- Installation and start-up supervision
- Purchasing and project administration
- Engineering studies for new and existing manufacturing facilities
- Electrical and control system design, construction, installation and start-up
- Mechanical and electrical installation